GeoToll has assembled a management and technical staff with decades of experience in product innovation & development, wireless telecommunications, electronic toll collection and payments systems, and back office systems and operations. Below are the key personnel:
- Richard K. Carrier, Chief Executive Officer. Richard@GeoToll.com
- Mr. Carrier has had an extensive career in private company formation working with the government sector. Richard is Founder and ex-President of Law Enforcement Systems, Inc., a leading provider of delinquent account collection and information services to tolling and parking violations agencies in the US and Canada. Under LES and now Penn Credit, his DMVInfoNow registered owner retrieval services has/is enabling over 20 tolling agencies to identify and initiate billing to out-of-state motorists. Richard is a subject matter expert in best practices for tolling back office operations, billing and collection services. He is a longtime member of IBTTA and the International Parking Institute. Richard holds an MBA from the Gabelli Graduate School of Business Administration, New York City.
- Jaime Borras, Chief Technology Officer. Jaime@GeoToll.com
- Mr. Borras is a pioneer and innovator in the wireless telecommunications industry and comes to GeoToll with 30 years of comprehensive experience in research and development, business and intellectual property. He played leading roles at Wireless Silicon Group, Inc. and Mobile Technology Consortium and is highly regarded for inventing and implementing new technologies and breakthrough products that drive emerging markets. Jaime served as a Motorola Senior Fellow, Corporate Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of iDEN Mobile Devices. His major accomplishments included: integrated circuit designs for the first generation cellular phone; technical development and commercialization of the first multi-billion dollar Push-To-Talk multifunction iDEN phone; and developing the 4th generation smartphone with multiple radio protocols (WiMAX, Wi-Fi, CDMA, Bluetooth and GPS) with special focus on multimedia, entertainment and social networking applications. Jaime is a chief innovator with 60 United States utility patents and over 50 publications. His many honors include three “Patent of the Year” awards for the iDEN Technology; the Outstanding Technical Achievement Award; and selection as one of the top 50 Most Important Hispanics in Business and Technology. Jaime holds three degrees from Florida Atlantic University: dual bachelor’s degrees in physics and electrical engineering and a Masters in EE; as well as a business diploma from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management. A strong advocate of community outreach to young people, Jaime has been active in programs such as Viva Technology, which advances science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) awareness among students.
- Wyatt Geist, Chairman, Founder & Key Advisor, Business & Strategic Development. Wyatt@GeoToll.com
- Mr. Geist is an accomplished executive with a successful track record for bringing disruptive products to market. As the Chairman of GeoToll, Wyatt brings expertise in developing strategy and building partnerships, as well as an impressive track record as an inventor of new technologies. He has submitted over 25 patents and has over 11 patents granted. In September of 2012 a product and company he launched won new product of the year for Y-Wire from “Orthopedics This Week”. He has a strong background in building companies; launching three start-ups and two Distributorships. SafeWire is a medical instrument company that he currently serves as CEO and Founder. MagRod, LLC and a separate device company have been acquired and licensed accordingly. Both distributorships were very successful earning “Distributorship of the Year” awards and achieving the largest business unit for each respective company. Wyatt brings passion and leadership to help the GeoToll board realize their potential.
- Jon Ramirez, Key Advisor, Payment Services. Jon@GeoToll.com
- Mr. Ramirez is an expert, hands-on manager and marketing executive with over 12 years of experience in Open Road Tolling (ORT), direct working knowledge of national toll protocols, and has eight years of practical know-how deploying High-Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lane projects. He has served as the project director for numerous, complex toll system projects in the US including the Capital Beltway I-495 HOT Lanes in Washington, D.C., and Orange County Transportation Authority’s 91 Express Lanes. Jon has overseen operations for large, complex electronic tolling systems at major roadways across the United States and excels at developing operations concepts, system designs and specifications as a certified Program Manager and 6 Sigma Specialist. As Vice President of Business Development, Marketing and New Project Implementation for Federal Signal Technologies Group, Jon developed over $200M in projects backlog in less than two years. Prior to that, he ran operations at the 91 Express Lanes, the pioneering and successful pike-within-a-freeway. Jon served as Deputy Director of Operations at the Orange County Transportation Corridors Agencies. At Cofiroute, he managed the implementation of the dynamically priced express lanes system on MN/I-394, the congested radial roadway west out of the Minneapolis area. While at Raytheon HTMS, Jon was involved in the VA/I-495 Express Lanes development. Jon holds bachelors and masters degrees in management, finance and marketing from California State University, Long Beach and is a longtime member of IBTTA and frequent speaker on tolling technology systems integration and innovative solutions.